Recently, I spent a week on the beach in Destin, FL. During this time, I wrote down six things I wanted to make sure I accomplish that week. I knew this would ensure I was able to return to my job in the best mental and physical condition.
I call these the 6 R’s of Leadership While on Vacation/Holiday. Here they are;
- REST – This is what you came to do. Make sure you get plenty. Rest can look like many things; sports, sightseeing, hiking, etc. Whatever it is, just make sure you get plenty of it.
- Refresh – Take time to meditate and let your troubles go.
- Renew – Renew and rebuild your relationships with your family, most importantly your spouse or significant other.
- Recharge – Regain your strength, motivation and desire to connecting, building relationships and influence.
- Relax – Chill out, your on vacation!!! Leave the phone and laptop in the room, or vehicle. Dutch things that make you happy. Laugh a lot!
- Recalibrate – Spend time thinking about what you need to personal change or do to be a stronger, better leader when you get back.
Try it next time you take some time off, I think you will see a huge difference in attitude and mindset when you
Thanks and Take Care